A wide range of hazardous chemical products are used within chemical and pharmaceutical plants (petrochem, bulk, speciality etc). Never has health & safety been of such a high importance as now, with ‘zero incidents’ being the target for many chemical manufacturers. We have over 10 years experience supplying flange spray shields to these industries for a wide range of applications.
For general environment (such as sewage, cutting fluid, etc.), PVC material flange safety cover or PP material flange spray shields are generally used for pipe spray safety; If the environment contains weak acid or weak alkali, you can choose PVC flange guard or PTFE flange guards; If the the environment contains strong acid, strong alkali, organic solvent, you can choose PTFE flange spray shields.
The food industry includes a variety of different sub-industries including: meat processing, dairy, soft & alcoholic drinks, confectionery, snack-food & ready meals, food-grade packaging. More common applications that need flange safety guards include thermal oil for a number of processes, acid for cleaning & water treatment & alcohol spray prevention.
Oil & Gas industry
Safety is more than important in the Oil & Gas industry from extraction, through pipeline & terminals, to refining & petrochemicals. Several common flange & valve safety shield applications exist within the wider oil & gas industry, including prevention of oil mist, acid spray-outs and jet fire.
Power generation industry
Both large-scale generation stations to small engine-sets will require flange spray shields.
Typically lubrication oil and seal oil require some form of shielding to avoid spray-outs contacting hot surfaces with the subsequent risk of ignition. This application has been responsible for many fires, causing considerable damage and significant insurance claims.
In addition, high pressure steam leaks represent a major hazard to maintenance personnel in Turbine and Boiler rooms. Lastly, many large power stations particularly located on the coast, use large quantities of Acid to treat cooling water in effluent treatment plant, all will require flange spray guards.
Like any other piece of major equipment in the power industry, wind turbines represent a large investment for the companies that rely on them to generate both electricity and revenue.
Two key components of the wind turbine are the lubrication oil used in the gearbox as well as the hydraulic oils used to control the blade pitch & breaking system. Oil leaks that occur under pressure, can form a hydrocarbon vapour or “oil mist” which can easily ignite on hot surfaces resulting in fire. Due to their inaccessibility, wind turbine fires can result in considerable damage & expensive “downtime”. But you can avoid this by installing flange spray shields.
Ship engine room safety is largely governed by SOLAS. In 2003 an amendment was raised to avoid fires (the result of oil on hot surfaces) stating “oil lines shall be screened or otherwise protected against spray”. Further, oil mist formation is considered particularly dangerous and many injuries have occurred through high pressure steam leaks.
A number of high profile cruise lines have been directly affected by oil spray from leaking pipe joints. Resulting fires and power loss creates widespread detestation.
We regularly supply spray guards for flanges, filter hoods, fuel hoses and pumps.
Many other process industries require safety spray shields for a variety of applications. These include cement, paper & pulp, waste water treatment, mining and many others.
Why PTFE teflon flange spray shields is recommended to any industry and application
Teflon material owns unique features, which make it the perfect material for flange safety guards in almost any environment.
1. Non-stickiness: Because it is insoluble in any substance, almost all substances will not adhere to the PTFE flange spray shields.
2. Wear resistance: It has excellent wear resistance under high load. Under a certain load, it has the dual advantages of wear resistance and non-sticking.
3. Low friction coefficient: PTFE coating film has a low friction coefficient value between 0.05-0.15.
4. Moisture resistance: The surface of the PTFE coating film does not stick to water and oil, and it is not easy to stick to the solution during production operations. If there is a small amount of dirt, simply wipe it off. Short downtime, saving working hours and improving work efficiency.
5. Heat resistance: PTFE teflon flange spray shields can withstand high temperature to 300℃ in a short time, and generally can be used continuously between 240℃~260℃. It has remarkable thermal stability. It can work at freezing temperature without embrittlement, and at high temperature Does not melt.
6. Corrosion resistance: PTFE is hardly corroded by chemicals, and can withstand strong acid and alkali to protect parts from any kind of chemical corrosion.
How to install flange safety guards
Installation of flange safety guards is actually a piece of cake for any experienced operators. You can complete 1 installation in around 20 seconds.
- Installation of PP material flange safety shields. There is no string in PP flange guards. Just buckle up the clips. To see a video of easy installation of PP flange spray shields, please visit PP Flange Spray Shield page, check the ‘Installation’ tab.
- Installation of PVC and PTFE teflon material flange spray shields both involves hook and loop fasteners and strings, which ensure 100% reliable of the flange protectors. Visit each product page for installation videos: PVC flange spray shields; PTFE flange guards.
- Stainless steel SUS304 SUS316 flange covers are well designed for taking least effort in installation. Check Stainless steel fange guards product page for installation video.
Install stainless steel flange covers easily with the buckle
How to purchase flange spray shields
You can buy flange safety covers from MAXY in 2 ways.
Firstly, for wholesale orders, or OEM ODM services of flange spray shields, please let us know
- Your flange& valve standard
- Size information
- Quantity of each size
- Your seaport/airport
- Your contact information
Shipping method of bulk orders will be determined by the total volume and weight of the ordered flange guards, by seafreight or airfreight.
Secondly, for small quantity orders, you can buy in-stock flange guards online by paying Credit card, Go Shopping. Only PVC flange guards and PTFE teflon flange spray shields are available in our online shop. Flange safety covers ordered online will be delivered by airfreight express shipping.
Do you have flange spray shields in stock
Yes, we have common sizes of flange spray shields in stock, from DN15-DN700 (1/2 – 28 inches).
For standard size flange safety guards, we can ship them by air freight or internation Express shipping very fast.